Setting up the integration between Membrain and Oneflow is surprisingly easy! Follow this quick setup guide, and your integration will be up and running in no time.
The integration is configured by an administrator and consists of four main parts outlined below:
- Part 1. Activate the Membrain integration
- Part 2. Create fields
- Part 3. Add contract templates to Membrain
- Part 4. Implementation
Part 1. Activate the Membrain integration
To activate the Membrain integration, please perform the following steps:
Step1. Enable the Membrain extension in Oneflow.
Step 2. Connect your Membrain subdomain in Oneflow.
Step 3. Authenticate the Oneflow API Token in Membrain.
Step 1. Enable the Membrain extension in Oneflow
1. To enable the Membrain integration on the extension page in Oneflow, go to "Admin settings" -> Account -> Extensions and enable the Membrain extension.
2. When you enable the extension, Oneflow will automatically generate and display the API token.
Note: Since this token will only show once, we suggest that you copy or write it down as soon as it’s displayed. This API token will be used to connect your Oneflow and Membrain accounts. If you lose your token, you will need to disable the extension and enable it again to get a new API Token.
Step 2. Connect your Membrain subdomain to Oneflow
To connect your Membrain subdomain to the extension in Oneflow, go to Account -> Extensions -> Membrain and type in the subdomain in the Extension configuration area.
Step 3. Authenticate the Oneflow integration in Membrain
To authenticate the Oneflow integration in Membrain:
1. In Membrain, go to System Setup, scroll down to the Integrations section, and select Oneflow.
2. Go to Authentication.
3. Click Authenticate with Oneflow, enter the Oneflow Owner Email Address and insert the Oneflow API Token.
Note: If you have lost your API token, you need to disable the extension and re-enable it to get a new one. Please, return to the Enable Membrain extension in the Oneflow section
4. Click Save, which will activate the integration.
When the integration is successfully activated, you can continue creating fields, adding templates, and automating your processes with Oneflow.
Part 2. Create fields
To map data from Membrain to Oneflow, you need to create a set of fields in Membrain. You can do it in the Membrain user interface. Then you can add these fields to your templates in Oneflow and finally map the fields as desired to each template as described in Part 3 that follows.
1. In Membrain, go to the Oneflow Integration page -> Fields.
2. Click Add Field.
3. Type in the field Name and optionally a Placeholder.
4. Click Save. These fields will be available in the Oneflow template editor for further use in the templates.
Part 3. Add contract templates to Membrain
To add contract templates to Membrain, please perform the following steps.
Step 1. Create Contract templates in Oneflow and connect to Membrain
Step 2. Add the templates in Membrain
Step 3. Map fields in Membrain
Step 1. Create contract templates in Oneflow
1. In Oneflow, go to Templates -> Create template.
2. In the template, add required sections and select Membrain Template in the Template group field.
Note: Make sure to activate the new template in Oneflow. Learn more on how to create contract templates in Oneflow here.
Data fields available in Oneflow
To see what data fields are available for your template, click the Tag icon:
The list of all available fields will display as follows:
Step 2. Add the Oneflow templates to Membrain
Now you can add all the templates created in the previous step to the list of templates in Membrain.
Note: Make sure to add the templates one at a time.
1. In Membrain, Oneflow Integration page, go to Templates.
2. Click Add Template.
3. Click Select Template and select the template that you want to add.
Note: If the contract template you want to add to Membrain is missing, make sure the contract Template group is set to Membrain Template in Oneflow (see the previous step.)
Step 3. Map fields in Membrain
You can now set up the field mapping for the template you are adding to your list. Field mapping is optional but recommended.
Note: Field mapping is done separately for each template you add.
5. Click Save
When a template is saved and successfully added, you can add more contract templates to the integration by repeating the steps in this guide.
Part 4. Implementation
Note: If you are new to Membrain or need assistance in setting up the process of adding the Oneflow tool, please check out this article first.
When the activation and technical preparation of the integration is completed, it is time to add the Oneflow tool to a process in Membrain.
In the example below, the Oneflow tool is added to a sales process. However, you can also apply it to the prospecting and account growth processes.
To add the Oneflow tool:
1. Go to the Process editor of a sales process where you wish to add the Oneflow tool.
2. Add a new Step or edit an existing Step.
3. Click +ADD DETAILS/TOOLS.
4. Select the Create Agreement tool.
5. In the Service field, select Oneflow.
6. In the Templates field, select the Oneflow template or templates you wish to be available in this step of the sales process.
7. Click Apply and then OK.
8. When the Oneflow tool is added to your Step, click Save.
You can use this process to create projects in Membrain, where you can perform the steps described in this guide to create contracts in Oneflow. In the next article, you will learn how to create contracts.